*Get more FRUGAL Articles, tips and tricks from Raining Hot Coupons here*
*Pin it* by clicking the PIN button on the image above!
REPIN it here!
With summer in full swing, sunburns become a common risk that can affect everyone and really put a damper on your day. The good news is that a sunburn can be easily taken care of and most times you can use items from around your house to soothe the pain. Check out 10 ways to survive your sunburn this summer below:
- Soak It: A good way to soothe sunburn pain is to soak the affected area in cold water. Alternatively, you can use a cold compress but only do this for 15 minutes.
- Tea Compress: Green tea isn’t just for drinking anymore, it can be used to soothe your burn. Soak a hand towel in cooled green tea and apply directly to the burn.
- Veggie Rescue: Using sliced vegetables such as cucumber or potato and rubbing them against the sunburn can really help. They contain ingredients that will help cool the burn.
- Aloe Treatment: The number one sunburn recovery product is definitely aloe vera. You can either use aloe leaves directly from the plant or buy aloe vera in store and apply directly to your burn.
- Ibuprofen: Taking two Ibuprofen when you discover a sunburn can help bring down swelling and help to dull pain.
- Milk Cloth: Did you know milk is a great help when it comes to a sunburn? Soak a cloth in cold, cold milk and apply it to skin for 20 minutes.
- Avoid Makeup: If you have burnt your face and neck, try to avoid makeup for a few days. Your skin will heal faster and feel much better without any added products.
- Loose Clothing: When you are suffering from a burn, avoid tight clothing. Loose, natural fiber clothing can help to avoid irritation of the burn and will help it to heal at a faster rate.
- Vinegar Bath: It may sound funny, but adding two cups of vinegar to your bath can seriously help soothe and heal your sunburn. It will cool the skin and act as a antiseptic
- Oatmeal: Oatmeal is one of the oldest remedies in the book for sunburn care. Applying cold oatmeal or a oatmeal infused lotion to your skin can relieve pain and swelling.
Frugal Homemade Cleaning Solution Recipes
Super Easy and Frugal Moisturizing Hair Mask Recipe
How to Easily Make Nail Polish on Nails Last Longer!
Lemon Oil to Lose Weight and Feel Better (Perfect New Years Resolution!)
How I Use Envelopes to Save and Organize My Money!