10 Tips To Sleep Better
*Get more FRUGAL Articles, tips and tricks from Raining Hot Coupons here*
10 Tips To Sleep Better
Sleep is something we could all get a little more of, but that’s not always a possibility. So, the next best thing is to try to improve the sleep we are already getting. This can be achieved with certain bedtime routines, little tricks that will help us fall asleep faster and a healthier lifestyle. Check out the 10 tips below to start sleeping better:
- Electronic Limit: Limit yourself to no electronics an hour before bed. The blue light that is given off, can actually keep you awake longer and leave you feeling restless.
- Avoid Clocks: There is nothing worse than staring at the ticking clock when you can’t sleep. It will bring on worry and stress, so make sure to turn away all clocks before bed.
- Relax: One important factor in a good night’s sleep is making the bedroom a place for relaxation. Try and keep electronics, work or anything else that might stress you out, away from the bedroom.
- Meditate: Meditating may seem overwhelming to begin with, but it can be really helpful to your health and sleep. Find a quiet time before bed for reflection and deep breathing, this will help your body ease into sleep.
- Find A Routine: Finding yourself in a bedtime routine isn’t the worst idea, in fact it can be really helpful. Go to sleep and wake up at the same time everyday, this will set your body clock for success!
- Avoid Sugar: A really important tip for sleeping better is avoiding sugar and caffeine before bed. Not only will you find yourself wide awake, you’ll have trouble falling asleep at a decent time nights in a row.
- Tea: Tea is a great way to improve your sleep. Make sure to choose a herbal (No caffeine) tea such as chamomile or sleepy time tea. If you’re not a fan of tea, warm milk works great!
- Reduce Noise: An hour or two before bed turn down the lights, play soft music and put work aside. By doing these small tasks, you’ll be setting the tone for a good sleep.
- No Smoking: Did you know the habit of smoking is not only bad for your health, it’s bad for your sleep as well! So if you smoke, try to cut back for the sake of your sleep.
- Bath Time: One of the biggest ways to induce sleep is a bath or a shower. The more relaxing you can make it the better, so bring out the candles, heat up the bath and get cozy for great results.