*Get more FRUGAL Articles, tips and tricks from Raining Hot Coupons here*
*Pin it* by clicking the PIN button on the image above!
REPIN it here!
10 Tips to Speed Cleaning Your House
Cleaning the house can be a bit of a dreaded task. Not only can it be extremely time consuming, it can be hard to keep up with on a regular basis. Luckily, there are ways to keep up on the housework and spend less time actually cleaning! Check out the 10 tips below on how to clean your house in record time:
- Dust First: Whatever you do, dust first! When your dusting you are stirring up all sorts of bits that will most likely end up on the floor. By dusting prior to doing your floors you will save yourself an extra step.
- One Way: When your cleaning in a hurry, clean from one side of the house to the other. This way you will stay organized and on task.
- Gather: Use a basket or box and gather all the loose items together such as clothes, toys or books. Then when you go to put everything away, it will all be in one place and easier to organize overall.
- Shower Clean: If you can get into a habit of wiping down your shower after every use, it will save you a lot of time. Just make sure to leave a cloth or scrub brush somewhere accessible.
- Beds: Another habit to develop is making the bed every morning after you get up. This will take one thing off your list and help you start the day off on the right foot.
- Tools: Keeping all your cleaning items and sprays in a special tote or container can really cut down on how long it takes to clean. This way you won’t have to search for what you need and you can take the tote into each room and start cleaning right away.
- Focus: Try to focus on only cleaning and give yourself a time to get everything finished. This way you will eliminate distractions allowing you to get things done more efficiently and you’ll have a goal to meet.
- Vacuum: Your vacuum will work for pretty much any floor surface and will let you eliminate the use of a broom. This will not only save you time by not having to switch over tools you’ll also get a better clean.
- Routine: If you can, figure out a cleaning routine and cater it to your lifestyle. Dirtiest to cleanest room work best for you? Do it the same way every time you will develop a routine and once you get to know it you’ll move a lot faster.
- Glass: Do all the glass items, mirrors and windows in one shot. This will save you time by doing it all together and you’ll be able to really focus on the task at hand!