Ways to use tea
*Get more FRUGAL Articles, tips and tricks from Raining Hot Coupons here*
*Pin it* by clicking the PIN button on the image above!
10 Ways To Use Tea In Everyday Life
Tea has been a coffee alternative for a long time and most enjoy it on a regular basis. But what about using it outside of a mug? It has many uses not only around the house but in the beauty world and even in the garden world. Tea isn’t just for cozy mornings anymore, check out 10 ideas for using tea in your everyday life:
- Puffy Eyes: Teabags are a great way to combat puffy eyes. Place two warm water-soaked tea bags on your eyes for 20 minutes. This will soothe puffy, tired eyes and it can be quite relaxing!
- Sunburn Fix: For a quick sunburn fix on the go apply wet tea bags to your sunburn to reduce the pain that comes with the burn.
- Foot Soak: Soak feet in warm water with a few tea bags (the stronger the better) for at least 20 minutes. This will reduce food odor and can be done on a regular basis.
- Mirror Shine: A great way to make your mirror shine is to wash it with tea bag infused water. Brew a strong pot of tea and let cool (or mix with cold water). Then use the solution to wipe down your mirrors! What I love about this method is it is a natural and chemical free way to shine your mirrors!
- Fern Food: Did you know that ferns love tea? Every so often replace the water in your watering can for cold tea and feed your ferns! This also works for any other plants that enjoy acid based food.
- Floor Cleaner: You can clean your hardwood and wood furniture with tea water. Simply brew a few tea bags and let cool to a warm temp. Then wash your floors and furniture as normal wiping away dust and dirt as you go. Once finished go over again with a soft dry floor to produce a brilliant shine.
- Fight Razor Burn: Fight razor burn by applying a cool tea bag to the affected area. This will help the burn heal faster and cut down on the sting.
- Carpet Cleaner: Sprinkle dry used green tea leaves on your carpeted areas and leave to sit for at least 10 minutes. Then vacuum to pick up loose pieces and you will be left with wonderful results!
- Toilet Bowl Help: Drop a used tea bags into your toilet and let sit for at least 2 hours. Simply flush once they have set and your bowl will be free of any stains.
- Conditioner: Tea can be used for a DIY conditioner and leave you with shiny results. Simply rinse with unsweetened tea and let sit for 5 mins, repeat rinse.