12 Uses For Baking Soda
*Get more FRUGAL Articles, tips and tricks from Raining Hot Coupons here*
12 Uses For Baking Soda
Baking soda is an important ingredient in any household. It can be used in baking, cleaning, crafting and even in beauty routines, so why not have it on hand at all times right? Well, if you are looking for a bunch of uses for baking soda, look no further! Check out the list below for 12 different uses for everyday baking soda:
- Freshen Mouth: Looking to freshen your mouth quickly? Pop one teaspoon of baking soda in a glass of water,swish and rinse.
- DIY Deodorant: Use baking soda as a replacement deodorant. You can simply pat some powder in your underarm area for all day freshness. Reapply as needed.
- Freshen Sponges: Soak grimy sponges in warm water and baking soda for an instant refresh.
- Oven Cleaner: Simply, spread some baking soda on the base and walls of the oven and spray with warm water. After an overnight soak, clean out the oven for sparkling results.
- Fridge Deodorizer: Next time your fridge is smelling less than lovely, leave an open box of baking soda in the back of the fridge. This will soak up and deodorize the smell.
- Freshen Stuffed Animals: Stuffed animals looking a little sad? Freshen them with baking soda. Simple sprinkle some on the dirtiest areas and leave for 15 minutes. Once it has rested, brush off lightly.
- Clean Produce: Take a damp sponge, sprinkled with baking soda and scrub! Once you have scrubbed, rinse off the produce and it will be ready to eat!
- Burn Care: Apply a small paste of baking soda and water to minor burns. This will not only take down the swelling, it will reduce pain.
- Hair Cleanser: To cleanse hair of unwanted product build up, simply add a small amount of baking soda to your shampoo. Just make sure to rinse well.
- Bath Soak: Add baking soda to your next bath for a healthy soak. By adding a 1/2 of a cup of baking soda you will wash away all oils and perspiration left on your body from the day.
- Whiten Teeth: Apply a small amount of baking soda to your toothbrush next time you brush. Brush as normal and follow-up by brushing with your toothpaste. Your teeth will
naturally start to whiten with a few rounds.
- Acne Defender: Defeat small acne bumps with a paste of baking soda and warm water. It will dry out the pimple and leave you with a fresh face.