15 DIY Gift Ideas
*Get more FRUGAL Articles, tips and tricks from Raining Hot Coupons here*
15 DIY Gift Ideas
As Christmas slowly approaches, it’s time we start thinking about gift giving. Now, you don’t have to turn to retail this year for your gifts if you want to save some money! You can simply create your gifts at home with a little creativity and elbow grease. DIY gifts are not only great for saving money they also make the gift giving process really special, as you are giving something handmade with love. Check out the list below for some easy DIY gift ideas:
- Cupcakes In A Jar: These make great gifts as you can bake directly into the jar and dress it up however you want!
- Homemade Beauty Products: There is no lack of recipes out there for DIY beauty products. You can make anything from a sugar scrub to homemade shaving cream.
- DIY Bath Bombs: Rather then spending a ton of money on retail bath bombs, you can make your own! Wrap them in pretty paper and they make the perfect gift.
- Homemade Chocolates: Who doesn’t love chocolates? They make a great gift to open on Christmas morning.
- Sauces & Oils: For the foodie in your life, you can bottle up your favorite homemade sauce or oil. A great gourmet gift for anyone on your list.
- Hot Chocolate Jars: Layer your favorite dry hot chocolate ingredients in a large jar. Add a pretty bow and you have a great gift for those cold winter night.
- Flavored Vodka: There are so many options when it comes to flavoring vodka! You can personalize this yummy gift with add ins such as orange, vanilla and even peppermint!
- Personalized Wine Glasses: Whether it be a chalk board base or a monogrammed wine glass, this is a great gift to go with their favorite bottle of wine.
- Sharpie Plates & Mugs: All you need is your favorite colored sharpie, a dish and the oven! You can write any message on your dish of choice and bake it to create a super personal gift.
- Heating Pad: If you are comfortable with a sewing machine, you can make super cute heating pads! All it takes is a little material and some rice to make a gift that will keep the recipient warm all year!
- DIY Coasters: Whether it be photo coasters or decorated with scrabble letters, this is an easy DIY gift to create!
- Painted Cooking Tools: Take a wooden spoon or something similar and get creative! You can dip the end into a glossy paint colour to make it stand out or even add glitter for a special touch.
- Room Scents: You really can give the smell of christmas as a gift this year. There are so many options like pine or sweet cinnamon for creating the perfect room scent to give as a gift.
- Christmas Crafts: Feeling extra crafty this year? Why not make your favorite sock snowman or Christmas ornament and give them out as gifts.
- Coupon Book: Make up and print coupons to give to friends and family. It can be anything from one free hug to a coupon for a home cooked meal!