15 Ways To Use Mason Jars
*Get more FRUGAL Articles, tips and tricks from Raining Hot Coupons here*
15 Ways To Use Mason Jars
Jars are something we all encounter every day, whether it be a pickle jar or a jar of our favorite body butter. But one of the most popular jars is the mason jar! Mason jars aren’t just for jam anymore, we can use them in almost every part of life. Check out the list below for 15 ways to use mason jars in everyday life:
- Meal To Go: Mason jars make great food containers and holders. Whether it be for a layered salad, leftovers or even your morning oatmeal these jars are perfect for keeping food fresh!
- Baking Molds: Did you know you can bake directly into your jar? You can make cupcakes or your favorite cake and bake it right in the mason jar. It looks great for presentation and they stay fresh for longer.
- Blend: Mason jars actually act as a blender attachment. Simply detach your blender blades and screw it on to your mason jar of choice. As long as it is sealed tight it can be used to blend just about anything.
- Workshop Organization: Whether it be for screws and nails in the work shop or important bits and pieces, mason jars make are a great option for keeping your workstation organized.
- Gift Wrap: Next time you have a small present or baking treat to wrap, use a mason jar! Not only will it look super cute, you can get creative by painting, adding glitter or even adding cute labels to complete the look.
- Candle Holder: Whether it be a floating candle or a tea light, mason jars are perfect for a makeshift candle holder.
- Soap Dispenser: These jars are perfect for making your own DIY soap dispenser. Just grab the pump of your choice and your favorite soap and with a little elbow grease you can make your own bathroom accessory!
- Catch Fireflies: For a fun kid friendly activity, cut open a glow stick and pour it into a mason jar. Give it a good shake and take it outside to see what looks like a jar full of fireflies.
- Spices & Seasonings: Use mason jars of any size to store your kitchen spices and seasonings. Add a little label and your cupboards will be super organized.
- Craft Room Storage: I love the idea of using jars of all sizes to organize craft supplies. To make the jars more fun, glue your favorite plastic animal or toy to the top of the lids and give it a quick spray paint. Suddenly your plain jars have been transformed into cute, personalized organization jars.
- Yarn Dispenser: If you love to knit or have a ton of yarn this one is for you! Poke a hole in the top of your jar and use it for dispensing your favorite yarn or ribbon. It will keep it organized and it will avoid tangles.
- Party Cups: Mason jars are perfect for your next party! Use them for party cups and get each guest to label their jar with a sharpie. If you want to add a lid, use a cupcake liner and an elastic band for a cute look.
- DIY Snowglobe: With a few materials (Glitter, small figurine, water and glue) you can make your own DIY snow globe! They are perfect for decorations around the house or for a personalized gift at Christmas.
- DIY Beauty Products: These jars make a great holder and container for any and all DIY beauty recipes. Whether it be DIY mouthwash or homemade shampoo, they are the perfect item for the job!
- Vase: In a pinch without a vase? Mason jars are a great alternative! Add your favorite ribbon and fresh cut flowers for a modern look!