*Get more RECIPES from Raining Hot Coupons here*
It’s so easy to throw together a pie, or even some apple pie crescent rolls, a quick dessert or a delicious topping to ice cream when you have this pie filling made and ready! Like I said above, we love using this on our ice cream and stuffed into crescent rolls (you could even add some cream cheese to make it more decadent)! Enjoy!
Apple Pie Filling
- 4 cup sliced, peeled Apples
- 2 tbsp Lemon Juice
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- 3 tbsp Cornstarh
- 1/4 tsp Nutmeg
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- 1 cup warm Water
- Place apple slices in bowl.
- Add water and lemon juice and toss to prevent browning.
- In a saucepan, whisk together cornstarch and water until blended.
- Add cinnamon, sugar and nutmeg. Whisk until blended.
- Add contents of apple slice bowl to saucepan and cook over low heat until apples are tender.
- Allow to cool before putting in crust.