*Get more RECIPES from Raining Hot Coupons here*
*Pin it* by clicking the PIN button on the image above!
This recipe for chocolate eggs (made using balloons) is actually very easy to make and turns out really cute! Trust me, if I can do it, you can do it! I like using the small balloons and making them the size of eggs rather than making them too big because they are easier to work with, You can find the balloons at Dollar stores. 😉 These can be filled with whatever you want but I love filling them with pudding and sprinkles.
Balloon Chocolate Eggs with Pudding
- 12 Small Round Balloons
- 8 oz Melting/Dipping Chocolate Candy
- 1 box Pudding Mix
- 2 cup Milk
- Candy Decorations (optional)
- Make pudding according to box directions and allow to cool.
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment or wax paper.
- Melt chocolate by microwaving 45 seconds, stirring and repeating until melted and smooth.
- Inflate each balloon just until slightly larger than an egg and tie off.
- Dip and roll balloon in chocolate until covered about half way.
- Place on tray and set tray in freezer for 10 minutes until set.
- Dip and roll each balloon a second tip to thicken chocolate shell.
- Return to tray and return tray to freezer for 15 minutes.
- Snip top of each balloon to release air.
- Gently slide your finger and pull balloon away from shell working your way around the “egg”
- If shell starts to soften, return to freezer for 10 minutes and continue after it firms.
- If there are in holes in bottom, carefully fill with melted chocolate to patch and freeze to set.
- Fill each egg with pudding and sprinkle with decorations if desired.
- Refrigerate until served.