*Get more RECIPES from Raining Hot Coupons here*
If you’re a fan of a Banana Split then you may love this next recipe for a banana split cupcake! I split the cupcakes in half (partially chocolate and partially banana cake (all made from scratch below) to make it taste even more like the real thing. I use strawberry for the frosting and lots of whipped cream on the side and of course a cherry to top it! Enjoy!
Banana Split Cupcakes
- Pre-heat over at 350 degrees
- 1/4 C unsalted butter ( room temp )
- 1 C sugar
- 1 C chocolate chips
- 2 LG eggs ( room temp )
- 2 LG egg yolks ( room temp )
- 1/2 C vegetable oil
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/3 C sour cream
- 1 C flour
- 1/2 tea salt
- 1/2 tea baking soda
- 1/2 C cocoa powder
- 1/2 C water ( room temp )
- In a medium-sized mixing bowl or the bowl of a stand mixer, mix butter and sugar.
- Melt the chocolate in the microwave or in a double boiler.
- Add chocolate to the butter/sugar mix together
- Add in eggs and egg yolks one at a time mix together
- Add in oil, vanilla, and sour cream mix together
- Sift flour, salt, baking soda, and cocoa powder into a separate medium bowl.
- Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients, mixing all together
- Add in water and mix
- Once the batter is thick now start with the Banana mix place chocolate to the side
- 2 Large Bananas, ripe
- 1 1/2 C Flour
- 3 TBSP corn starch
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 3/4 C Sugar
- 1/2 C unsalted butter ( room temp )
- 1/2 C buttermilk
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 eggs ( room temp )
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- Mix in a bowl flour, cornstarch, baking soda and salt.
- Using an electric stand mixer with the paddle, cream together sugar, butter and 1 Tbsp of the vegetable oil
- Add in 1 Tbsp vegetable oil.
- Add the egg and blend in egg white.
- Add in the mashed bananas.
- Working in three separate steps, add the flour mixture 1st , with 1/3 of the flour mixture alternating with half of the buttermilk and mix well continue the steps till all mix is used.
Filling and Baking the cupcakes
- I used a batter divider I found at most grocery or craft stores or HERE on Amazon. Then use a small food scoop or a spoon to place a small amount of chocolate cake batter in the side of each cupcake liner. Then scoop a small amount of banana cake batter next to it. Pull out the plastic divider.
- Bake the cupcakes in the oven for 15-20 minutes
- Let cool before frosting
- 2 C. Butter (room temp)
- 6-8 C Powered sugar
- 1 TBSP Vanilla
- 2 drops of red food coloring
- 1 TBSP of Strawberry flavoring or 1 cup of fresh washed berries smashed
- Add Butter, vanilla, strawberries to the bowl begin to add the powdered sugar one cup at a time and beat until well blended. Increase the speed to med. speed until light and fluffy.
- Place frosting in a pastry bag and pipe onto the top of the cupcakes.
- Decorate by drizzling chocolate fudge on top and a dash of candy sprinkles