*Get more recipes from Raining Hot Coupons here*
“PIN IT” If you like it (by clicking the button below)…
Follow me on Pinterest:
For the meat in my beef fajitas, I used NY strip steaks. Woah! That’s a pretty pricey meat for cheaper than restaurant fajitas! Well, yes and no. Shop sales. Find a local butcher instead of the grocery store. My NY strip was $3.29 per pound. Much less than other cuts. So shop wisely, and find a good deal on meat.
To make it an extra special meal (or maybe just seem like it is), make your own tortillas! Check out how here.
This beef fajita recipe is so easy to make and when you consider how much money you save you’ll be moving this recipe to the front of your family’s favorite meals list.
- 1 lb beef or chicken, cut into thin strips
- 3 peppers, cut into thin strips
- 1 onion, halved and sliced
- prepackaged fajita seasonings
- pineapple, peeled, cored, and diced (optional)
- small tortillas, flour or corn, warmed in the microwave with a piece of wet paper toweling
- shredded cheese
- salsa, guacamole, and sour cream
- Heat your griddle to 400 degrees F.
- Sprinkle the seasoning over the meat and toss. Let marinate.
- When the griddle is hot, grill the onions and peppers on a dry surface, turning when they start to blacken. When the vegetables are slightly blackened but not limp, removed them to a bowl.
- Add the meat to the griddle, flattening each piece to ensure doneness. Once browned, turn over and cook until done throughout. Remove to a bowl.
- Repeat the process with the pineapple, if using. Remove from the griddle when caramelized on all sides.
- To assemble, place the toppings on your tortilla, fold and enjoy!