*Get more recipes from Raining Hot Coupons here*
“PIN IT” If you like it (by clicking the button below)…
Follow me on Pinterest:
For the meat in my fajitas, I used NY strip steaks. Woah! That’s a pretty pricey meat for cheaper than restaurant fajitas! Well, yes and no. Shop sales. Find a local butcher instead of the grocery store. My NY strip was $3.29 per pound. Much less than other cuts. So shop wisely, and find a good deal on meat.
To make it an extra special meal (or maybe just seem like it is), make your own tortillas! Check out how here.
- 1 lb beef or chicken, cut into thin strips
- 3 peppers, cut into thin strips
- 1 onion, halved and sliced
- prepackaged fajita seasonings
- pineapple, peeled, cored, and diced (optional)
- small tortillas, flour or corn, warmed in the microwave with a piece of wet paper toweling
- shredded cheese
- salsa, guacamole, and sour cream
- Heat your griddle to 400 degrees F.
- Sprinkle the seasoning over the meat and toss. Let marinate.
- When the griddle is hot, grill the onions and peppers on a dry surface, turning when they start to blacken. When the vegetables are slightly blackened but not limp, removed them to a bowl.
- Add the meat to the griddle, flattening each piece to ensure doneness. Once browned, turn over and cook until done throughout. Remove to a bowl.
- Repeat the process with the pineapple, if using. Remove from the griddle when caramelized on all sides.
- To assemble, place the toppings on your tortilla, fold and enjoy!