*Get more RECIPES from Raining Hot Coupons here*
My hubby loved chicken strips so I came up with a way to spice them up and these buffalo chicken strips have the perfect flavoring to them. They are spicy but you can definitely adjust the heat by how much hot sauce and chili powder you put in. I definitely recommend trying what I have below first because it’s the perfect mix of a little heat but not too spicy. These make great appetizers, dinner, leftover lunch, etc. Enjoy!
Buffalo Chicken Strips
- 2 1/2 lb Chicken Breasts cut in strips or Chicken Tenderloins
- 2 1/4 cup Flour
- 1/4 cup Cornstarch
- 2 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Pepper
- 2 tsp Chili Powder
- 2 tsp Paprika
- 1 cup Milk
- 1/2 cup Water
- 1 Egg
- Vegetable Oil (for frying)
- 1 cup Hot Sauce
- 1/2 cup melted Margarine
- 1/4 cup Italian Dressing
- Combine flour, cornstarch, salt, pepper, chili powder and paprika in a large zippered bag and shake well to mix.
- Whisk together milk, water and egg in another bowl.
- Pour enough oil in a skillet to fill 1″ deep.
- Heat oil over medium heat (about 310).
- Coat chicken pieces by shaking in flour bag.
- Then dip each coated piece in egg wash, shaking off excess.
- Then toss dipped chicken in flour bag again to coat.
- Cook in hot oil until golden brown (about 3 minutes per side).
- Drain on paper towels.
- Combine margarine, hot sauce and dressing in a large bowl.
- Place each piece in sauce and toss to coat.
- Serve with celery and blue cheese or ranch dressing.