*Get more RECIPES from Raining Hot Coupons here*
*Pin it* by clicking the PIN button on the image above!
Seriously, if you like chocolate, cadbury eggs and cupcakes, this will become your favorite recipe. Even sweeter, these cupcakes are made from scratch which makes them taste even better. They have a secret Ganache topping and then a buttercream frosting on top of that. The center has a surprise, creamy, caramel cadbury egg that melts in your mouth! Yes, you will want to make these for Easter and then you will crave them all year long. 😉 Enjoy!
Cadbury Ganache Buttercream Cupcakes
1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
1 1/4 cup granulated sugar
2 eggs, room temp
1 Tbs vanilla extract
1 cup chocolate chips
2 cups flour
1 Tsp baking powder
1/4 Tbs salt
3/4 cup cocoa powder
1/4 cup milk, whole
1/4 cup heavy cream
1 1/4 cup chocolate chips
Chocolate Buttercream Frosting
1 cup unsalted butter, softened
1 cup or cocoa powder
3 cups powdered sugar
3/4 cups heavy cream
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Prepare a cupcake tin with paper liners
- In a microwave safe bowl, melt semi-sweet chocolate chips and 2 tablespoons of milk for about 1 minute, stirring half way. Stir until chocolate chips are melted. Set to the side
- Cream the softened butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Now add the eggs and vanilla, and beat until combined.
- Take the cooled melted chocolate and add to the creamed butter
- Begin to whisk the dry ingredients in a separate bowl, flour, baking powder, salt, and chocolate cocoa.
- Add the dry mix into the wet ingredients slowly alternating with adding the milk while mixing with a hand or standing mixer.
- Scoop batter into prepared cupcake tin, filling a little up to 3/4 of the way
- Take your Cadbury eggs and place them in the center pushing it downs the cake mix covers it
- Bake for 23-26 minutes, checking doneness by testing with a toothpick should be cake free
- Allow to cool for 1 minute in the pan, then transfer to a cooling rack.
In a microwave safe bowl, melt the chocolate chips with the heavy cream for about 1 minute, stirring half way.
Stir until smooth and all chocolate chips have melted.
Dip the cupcake in the bowl of ganache lightly twisting in motion to cover the whole area .
Allow the cupcakes to cool before frosting.
Beat the softened butter on its own until smooth.
Add coca chocolate and powdered sugar alternately with heavy cream until a smooth, thick texture.
If frosting is too thick, add more heavy cream, if too thin, add more powdered sugar.
Use a piping bag fitted with a medium sized tip of your choice to frost, or cut the corner off a gallon size zip-top bag filled with the frosting.
To frost like a pro…
Place the cupcake on a flat surface in front of you. Grasp the pastry bag from the top pushing the frosting down as you slide your hand down the pastry bag. Once you start to see frosting come out of the dip twist the top of the pastry bag tight. Use a clip or a rubber band to secure the bag.
Now begin to frost the cupcake going around in one smooth motion do not stop!
Once you have completed the first circle begin the second one onto the first one as shown below.
Continue this process until you have covered the whole area. Now make a small peak at the top similar to how you would serve frozen yogurt a wee little twist and bam there it is a perfect frosted cupcake like a pro!
Drizzle with fudge or caramel, you can also sprinkle with chocolate sprinkles or even more chocolate chips. The more the better!