*Get more recipes from Raining Hot Coupons here*
“PIN IT” If you like it (by clicking the button below)…
REPIN it below:
Follow me on Pinterest:
Quesadillas are great as a meal, appetizer, and a hand-held party food, especially for the Super Bowl! Prepare the filling ahead of time and make your kitchen-time more like a short time out from the game and fun.
If your guests like, try topping this with guacamole, sour cream, or salsa!
- 2 large chicken breast halves
- salt and pepper
- juice of 1 lime
- 1 lb bacon
- 1 pkg large flour tortillas
- 16 oz shredded Mexican or cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Rinse the chicken and place in a shallow baking dish. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Cover with foil and bake for an hour, or until the chicken is tender and cooked throughout. Allow to cool.
- Increase the oven temperature to 425 degrees F. Bake the bacon on a cookie sheet or fry in a pan. When cool, crumble.
- Once the chicken is cool, shred it with two forks, running the tines between each other.
- Toss with the lime juice.
- Place a tortilla on a large baking sheet. Assemble the quesadillas by sprinkling half of the tortilla with the chicken, bacon, and cheese. Fold the tortilla in half and bake in a 425 degree F oven until the tortilla begins to crisp, about 5-7 minutes.
- Press the quesadilla slightly with your hand and cut into wedges.