*Get more RECIPES from Raining Hot Coupons here*
With Summer time coming up really soon these are sure to be a huge hit! These cupcakes don’t taste like watermelon but they do look like a Watermelon. These cupcakes are actually made with white cake mix, food coloring and chocolate chips so they taste delicious. You may want to make these with the kiddos (they have a blast making their own). We also like to make these for BBQ’s, bake sales, etc. Enjoy!
Watermelon Colored Cupcakes
- 1 box White Cake Mix + box ingredients
- 3/4 cup Mini Chocolate Chips
- Red and Yellow Food Coloring
- 1 cup softened Butter
- 3 cup Powdered Sugar
- 3 tbsp Milk
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- Green Food Coloring
- Preheat oven and line muffin tins with paper liners.
- Prepare batter according to box directions.
- Add just a touch of yellow color and enough red to achieve watermelon pinkish color.
- Fold in chocolate chips until distributed.
- Fill liners 2/3 full and bake according to box directions for cupcakes.
- Allow to cool completely.
- Whip butter and vanilla for until fluffy.
- Gradually add powdered sugar.
- Add milk until you reach desired consistency.
- Transfer to piping bag with round tip and frost each cupcake.