*Get more RECIPES from Raining Hot Coupons here*
Did you know that most of the time when you order “fried ice cream” from a restaurant that it’s not really even fried? Yep, they just make you think it is with the yummy crust they put on the outside of the ice cream. I make this at home all the time to bring some fun to my ice cream. We use corn flakes, butter and cinnamon to make this coating. Enjoy!
No Fry Fried Ice Cream
- 5 cup Corn Flakes
- 1/2 cup Butter
- 2 tsp Cinnamon
- 4 tsp Sugar
- Vanilla Ice Cream
- Scoop and form Ice cream into approx 2 1/2″ balls
- Place in freezer for 15 minutes.
- Pulse corn flakes in food processor to crush.
- Melt butter in a medium skillet over medium heat.
- Stir in crushed corn flakes and cinnamon and cook, stirring constantly, about 3-5 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove from heat and stir sugar into mixture.
- Pour into a shallow dish and allow to cool.
- Place ice cream ball into mixture and roll to evenly coat.
- Press corn flake mixture around outer surface if a thicker coating is desired.
- Serve topped with chocolate syrup, whipped topping and/or cherries, as desired.