*Get more recipes from Raining Hot Coupons here*
“PIN IT” If you like it (by clicking the button below)…
REPIN it here:
Follow me on Pinterest:
Chocolate. Is there anything better? These moist dark chocolate cupcakes tinged with a wonderful coffee flavor will quickly become a favorite!
- 1/2 C strong brewed coffee, cooled
- 1 packet (1 1/2 t) Dark roast instant coffee or espresso
- 1 1/3 C flour
- 1/3 C cocoa powder (Special Dark by Hershey's if you can find it is wonderful)
- 1 t baking powder
- 1/2 t baking soda
- 1/4 t salt
- 1 stick (1/2 c) butter, softened
- 1/2 C sugar
- 1/2 C brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 C milk
- 1 1/2 t vanilla
- 2 sticks butter, softened
- 2 1/2 C powdered sugar
- 2 t Frangelico
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line your muffin pan with pretty paper liners.
- In a small cup, mix the coffee and instant coffee powder.
- In a medium bowl, mix the cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and flour. Set aside.
- Cream the butter and sugars in a mixer until light and fluffy. Add the egg, milk, coffee, and vanilla.
- Slowly add the flour, completely incorporating it and mixing out any lumps.
- Pour the batter evenly between 12 muffin cups.
- Bake 18-20 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool and remove from the pan.
- To make the frosting:
- Whip the butter smooth.
- Slowly add the sugar and Frangelico. Whip until smooth and creamy, about 10-15 minutes.
- I used an icing bag and 1M tip to swirl the frosting on. Decorate with sprinkles or nonpareils.
This post may contain affiliate links or sponsored content, read our Disclosure Policy.