*Get more RECIPES from Raining Hot Coupons here*
This cheese sauce recipe is SO yummy and perfect for a ton of different dishes. I like to make this cheese dip for pretzels, broccoli, dipping veggies, chips and more. It really is a universal recipe that works well with many dishes. The kiddos like this sauce not spicy but you can easily add hot sauce and chili powder (see amounts below) to heat it up as much as you want. Enjoy!
Cheese Dipping Sauce
- 2 cup Milk
- 1/4 cup Butter
- 1/4 cup Flour
- 2 cup shredded Sharp Cheddar Cheese
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Allow milk to warm to room temperature.
- Melt butter in a saucepan over medium heat.
- Sprinkle flour over melted butter while stirring to form a roux. Then cook for several minutes.
- Gradually add milk to roux while whisking to form a well blended mixture.
- Cook about 5 minutes until thickened.
- Gradually add in the cheese while stirring constantly until it is melted and smooth.
- Serve hot.
- If you would like to spice things up add 2 teaspoons hot sauce and 1 teaspoon chili powder.