*Get more RECIPES from Raining Hot Coupons here*
*Pin it* by clicking the PIN button on the image above!
I seriously LOVE soup. My favorite kind of soup is a creamy, hearty based soup and that’s exactly what this next recipe is. This cheeseburger soup has meat, cheese, milk, chicken broth and more that make it so addictive and delicious. I highly recommend trying out this recipe if you’re a fan of creamy soup. It’s actually pretty healthy too since there is no cream. Enjoy!
- 1 lb Ground Beef
- 1 cup chopped Onion
- 1 cup sliced Carrots
- 3/4 cup diced Celery
- 4 cup Potatoes diced
- 1 tsp Basil
- 1 tsp Parsley Flakes
- 4 tbsp Butter
- 3 tsp Chicken Base or 3 cup Chicken Broth
- 1/4 cup Flour
- 8 oz shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 1/2 cup Milk
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Black Pepper
- Brown the ground beef and drain.
- In a medium to large pan, melt one tablespoon butter saute onion, carrots, parsley flakes, basil and celery until onion is transparent.
- Add the broth, potatoes and beef and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat, cover and simmer about 15 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- In another skillet melt remaining butter and add the flour. Cook and stir for 5 minutes or until roux is bubbling.
- Add roux to soup and bring to a boil and stir for a couple of minutes.
- Reduce heat to low and add cheese, milk, salt and pepper.
- Cook and stir several minutes until cheese melts.