*Get more RECIPES from Raining Hot Coupons here*
*Pin it* by clicking the PIN button on the image above!
I’ve grown up eating chocolate stuffed cherries and whenever November rolls around you start seeing them in the stores! I use to buy a few boxes to tide me over for the rest of the year when they are harder to find but I decided to make my own! These are actually pretty easy to make (hard to believe right?!). Enjoy!
If you love this recipe, check out our Crock Pot Hot Cocoa, our Eggnog Cinnamon Rolls, our Oreo Truffles, and our Mini Cranberry Cheesecakes!
- 10 oz Maraschino Cherries
- 2 tbsp softened Butter
- 1 tsp Corn Syrup
- 1 tbsp liquid from Mariaschino Cherry
- 1/2 tsp Invertase
- 1 1/2 cup Powdered Sugar
- 12 oz Semi Sweet Chocolate
- Remove cherries from liquid and place on paper towel lined sheet to drain.
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Combine butter, corn syrup, 1 tablespoon of liquid from cherries and invertase.
- Stir until blended.
- Gradually add powdered sugar. Mixture should come together and not be too sticky.
- Form into 1/2″ balls and flatten. Place a drained cherry in the middle and wrap to completely cover cherry. Roll to round out ball. Return to prepared sheet.
- Place in freezer for at least 30 minutes.
- Melt chocolate by microwaving for 45 seconds, stirring and repeating until smooth and melted.
- Dip balls in chocolate with a fork, shaking off excess and return to prepared sheet.
- Refrigerate for 15 minutes to set chocolate.
- Use a knife to carefully trim excess chocolate from candies.
- Place in sealed container and allow to sit for a week or so for invertase to liquify sugar.
Kelly C saysNovember 5, 2014 at 9:27 am
Thank you!!! I am SO making these for my mom! She LOVES cordial cherries!
Cassi saysNovember 7, 2014 at 12:12 pm
This may be a silly question, where do you buy invertase?
Kathy Scharenborg saysNovember 15, 2014 at 7:18 pm
would like to know where to find invertase?
Wendy saysNovember 24, 2018 at 2:13 pm
A friend got mine in a British store down at the coast (Vcr) … don’t know the name of it!! you can also buy it on Amazon …