*Get more RECIPES from Raining Hot Coupons here*
*Pin it* by clicking the PIN button on the image above!
I’ve grown up eating chocolate stuffed cherries and whenever November rolls around you start seeing them in the stores! I use to buy a few boxes to tide me over for the rest of the year when they are harder to find but I decided to make my own! These are actually pretty easy to make (hard to believe right?!). Enjoy!
- 10 oz Maraschino Cherries
- 2 tbsp softened Butter
- 1 tsp Corn Syrup
- 1 tbsp liquid from Mariaschino Cherry
- 1/2 tsp Invertase
- 1 1/2 cup Powdered Sugar
- 12 oz Semi Sweet Chocolate
- Remove cherries from liquid and place on paper towel lined sheet to drain.
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Combine butter, corn syrup, 1 tablespoon of liquid from cherries and invertase.
- Stir until blended.
- Gradually add powdered sugar. Mixture should come together and not be too sticky.
- Form into 1/2″ balls and flatten. Place a drained cherry in the middle and wrap to completely cover cherry. Roll to round out ball. Return to prepared sheet.
- Place in freezer for at least 30 minutes.
- Melt chocolate by microwaving for 45 seconds, stirring and repeating until smooth and melted.
- Dip balls in chocolate with a fork, shaking off excess and return to prepared sheet.
- Refrigerate for 15 minutes to set chocolate.
- Use a knife to carefully trim excess chocolate from candies.
- Place in sealed container and allow to sit for a week or so for invertase to liquify sugar.