Cherry Limeade Cupcakes
*Get more RECIPES from Raining Hot Coupons here*
*Pin it* by clicking the PIN button on the image above!
I know so many of you loved my Cherry Limeade Sonic Copycat recipe here so I decided to whip up some delicious matching Cherry Limeade cupcakes. The cupcakes taste like the real thing and actually turn out really cute! If you are a fan of cherry limeade then I definitely recommend trying the recipe. The frosting is the “cherry” and the cupcake part is the “limeade”. Enjoy… 😉
Cherry Limeade Cupcakes
(Print Recipe Below)
- 1 box White Cake Mix
- 1 cup thawed Limeade Concentrate
- 3 Eggs
- 1/4 cup Vegetable Oil
- Green Food Coloring (optional)
- 1 cup softened Butter
- 4 cups Powdered Sugar
- 4 tbsp liquid from Maraschino Cherries
- Red Food Coloring (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Line muffin tins with paper liners.
- Make cupcakes according to box directions, substituting limeade concentrate for water and adding food color if desired.
- Allow cupcakes to completely cool.
- Cream butter, cherry liquid and powdered sugar in mixing bowl.
- Add red food color if desired.
- Slowly add additional cherry juice until desired consistency icing is reached.
- Frost cupcakes and optionally top with a cherry and lime slice.
pachia saysMarch 12, 2014 at 2:21 pm
you can’t print it. when ever I try. An article about dry hair opens.
Danielle saysMarch 12, 2014 at 3:09 pm
This is the same top post over at Spend with Pennies, with the same pictures. Do you guys share recipes with each other?
Cathie saysMarch 13, 2014 at 9:04 pm
You show a lime in the picture of ingredients but nothing about it in the instructions…Also it will not let me print the recipe HELP
Tracy saysApril 4, 2014 at 9:38 am
It says in the last step of the directions to optionally garnish with a cherry and lime slice.
Tracy saysApril 4, 2014 at 1:00 pm
I just made these and they are FABULOUS! I was able to cut the ingredients into thirds so that I made six cupcakes with the frosting, which was super simple (1/3 of the cake mix, 1 egg, etc.). The results were amazing… such flavor in the cupcake and they are so pretty! Will definitely make again!
breal saysApril 18, 2014 at 8:57 pm
how many cupcakes does it make
Cheryl saysMarch 20, 2016 at 9:48 am
Is there something I can use to substitude the lemonade with?
Because I live in Holland and it’s not sold here. 🙁
Thanks in advance.