*Get more RECIPES from Raining Hot Coupons here*
*Pin it* by clicking the PIN button on the image above!
I will be posting 10 Days of Freezer Meal Recipes and today is Day 1! See more Freezer Recipes HERE and be sure to read my Easy Tips to Freezer Meal Cooking/Planning post here to get started.
One of my all time favorite meals to make when company is coming over are these Easy Chicken Cordon Bleu Roll Ups. Not only do they offer the great classic flavor combination you expect, they are simple to make and present beautifully. This is a great meal to make ahead and freeze for easy to reheat entrees alongside some rice and steamed vegetables that will be perfect to impress the last minute guests. I especially love making these when I happen to get a great deal on chicken on sale and want to prep it before freezing. Make ahead and cook to only have to pop in the oven to reheat or roll them up before freezing raw to cook at the last minute for a tasty meal.
Chicken Cordon Bleu Roll Up
- 3 Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts (cut in half and pounded to 1/4” thick)
- 6 Slices Ham
- 6 Swiss Cheese Slices
- 1/2 Teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 Teaspoon Black Pepper
- ½ Teaspoon Paprika
- ½ Teaspoon Garlic Powder
- ¼ Cup All Purpose Flour
- ¼ Cup Italian Seasoned Bread Crumbs
- 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1 Stick Unsalted Butter
- 1 Tablespoon Cornstarch
- 2 Chicken Bouillon Cubes
- ¼ Teaspoon Garlic Powder
- ½ Cup White Wine
- 1 Cup Heavy Whipping Cream
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Spray small casserole dish with nonstick spray and set aside.
- Lightly season each chicken breast half with salt, pepper, paprika and garlic powder on both sides.
- Place 1 slice cheese and ham on each chicken breast half
- Roll and insert toothpicks to hold in place
- Mix flour and bread crumbs together in small bowl
- Roll each chicken roll up into bread crumb mixture coating all sides lightly
- Heat olive oil in medium skillet
- Cook each roll up in oil for 2-3 minutes on each side turning to brown evenly
- Place roll up in pre-sprayed casserole dish and place in oven at 350 degrees for 15 minutes to complete cooking. Set skillet aside to make sauce in.
- Remove from oven and allow to rest while you make sauce.
- In skillet that chicken was browned in, heat butter and cornstarch together with remaining oil from cooking chicken. This mixture should form a loose paste.
- Add in bouillon cubes, garlic powder and white wine
- Cook for 4-5 minutes stirring constantly scraping pan to provide ultimate flavor to sauce
- Stir in heavy cream and cook for additional 6-7 minutes on low heat.
- Drizzle sauce over sliced chicken roll ups.
To reheat from freezer:
If you choose to make these Chicken Cordon Bleu Roll Ups to freeze ahead, the sauce can be made prior to serving, I do not recommend freezing the sauce for reheating. The extra flavor from using the skillet the chicken was cooked in is nice to have but not necessary for a wonderful creamy white wine sauce.
If making ahead and freezing you can easily assemble and freeze to be cooked stopping before rolling in bread crumb mixture or cook through and freeze once cooled after removing from oven. Regardless of which method you choose, you will find this to be one of those meals that leaves your family satisfied and praising what a great cook you are.