*Get more RECIPES from Raining Hot Coupons here*
*Pin it* by clicking the PIN button on the image above!
Once again, I have another extremely easy but unique treat for you! If you’ve never had chocolate dipped bacon then you are missing out…seriously, this stuff is so good and full of flavor. It’s the perfect combination of sweet and salty. Enjoy…
Chocolate Covered Bacon
- 1 lb Thick Cut Bacon
- 1/2 cup Semi Sweet Chocolate
- 1 tsp Shortening
- 1/8 cup White Chocolate
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Line baking sheet with foil and place bacon on foil.
- If you want very crispy bacon place on a cooling rack sitting on top of foil.
- Bake 16-20 minutes or until desired crispness.
- Transfer to paper towels to drain.
- Allow to cool.
- Cut in half and place in freezer for 30 minutes.
- Heat semi sweet chocolate and shortening by microwaving for 30 seconds stirring and repeating until melted. Allow to cool for 2-3 minutes.
- Dip bacon in chocolate and shake off excess and place on wax paper.
- Heat white chocolate by microwaving for 30 seconds stirring and repeating until melted. Allow to cool for 2-3 minutes.
- Transfer white chocolate to corner of zippered bag and clip tiny piece off of corner to pipe.
- Pipe drizzles of white across bacon pieces.
- Place in refrigerator for 10 minutes to allow to set.