*Get more RECIPES from Raining Hot Coupons here*
*Pin it* by clicking the PIN button on the image above!
If you’re like me and love sweet and salty then you will definitely want to try this next simple recipe. Potato chips dipped in chocolate is one of my new favorite treats/snacks. These are also cute as gifts and very, very frugal to make. You could make a batch and put them in a clear plastic bag with a fun ribbon tie fora cute and inexpensive gift idea.
Chocolate Covered Potato Chips
- 4 oz Wavy Potato Chips
- 1/2 cup Semi Sweet Chocolate
- 1 tsp Shortening
- 1/8 cup White Chocolate
- Place potato chips in freezer for 1 hour.
- Heat semi sweet chocolate and shortening by microwaving for 30 seconds stirring and repeating until melted. Allow to cool for 2-3 minutes.
- Dip chips in chocolate and shake off excess and place on wax paper.
- Heat white chocolate by microwaving for 30 seconds stirring and repeating until melted. Allow to cool for 2-3 minutes.
- Transfer white chocolate to corner of zippered bag and clip tiny piece off of corner to pipe.
- Pipe drizzles of white across potato chips.
- Place in refrigerator for 10 minutes to allow to set.