*Get more RECIPES from Raining Hot Coupons here*
*Pin it* by clicking the PIN button on the image above!
Here’s a super fun and cute Easter recipe! I love making these Coconut Bird’s Nest Cupcakes around this time of the year and they are always a huge hit! Plus, the coconut not only adds a ton of yummy flavor but it’s healthy for you too. 😉 Enjoy these cute cupcakes..
Coconut Bird’s Nest Cupcakes
(Print recipes below)
- 1 box Chocolate Cake Mix
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup Vegetable Oil
- 1 1/4 cup Water
- 1/2 cup softened Butter
- 2 cup Powdered Sugar
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 1 tsp Milk
- 2 cup Shredded Coconut
- 2 cup White Melting Chips
- 72 Blue Easter Egg Candies (like Cadbury Mini Eggs)
- Make cupcakes according to box directions.
- Allow to cool.
- Toast coconut on cookie sheet in 275 oven for 15 minutes.
- Melt white chocolate in microwave by heating for 30 seconds then stirring and repeating until chocolate is melted and smooth.
- Mix coconut and chocolate until well blended.
- Spoon coconut mixture onto parchment or wax paper in heaping tablespoon sized portions (these need to sit on top of cupcakes).
- Let them sit up for a few minutes, then using a teaspoon make an indentation in the middle.
- Set 3 eggs in the middle of each nest while chocolate has not completely set.
- Transfer nests to refrigerator for 10 minutes to set completely.
- Cream butter, vanilla and powdered sugar in mixing bowl.
- Slowly add milk until desired consistency icing is reached.
- Ice the tops of cupcakes and place a nest on the top of each.