*Get more RECIPES from Raining Hot Coupons here*
*Pin it* by clicking the PIN button on the image above!
One of my favorite combinations is chocolate and coconut…oh man, the way the chocolate melts in your mouth with the creamy coconut. YUM! These coconut cream eggs are not only perfect for Easter but they are actually a good treat to make all year long. These are really simple to make too which is always a bonus! Enjoy…
Coconut Cream Eggs
(Print recipe below)
- 8 oz softened Cream Cheese
- 1 tbsp softened Butter
- 4 cup Powdered Sugar
- 1 cup Shredded Coconut
- 1 tbsp Shortening
- 2 cup Semi Sweet Chocolate Chips
- Using a hand mixer, beat cream cheese and butter until blended.
- Incorporate powdered sugar and coconut.
- Refrigerate for 1 hour or until easy to mold with hands.
- Prepare a baking sheet by lining with wax or parchment paper.
- Dust your hands with powdered sugar and mold mixture into egg shapes.
- Place on a prepared baking sheet.
- Place in freezer for 2 hours or until eggs are firm.
- Melt chocolate chips and shortening in microwave by heating for 30 seconds then stirring and repeating until melted and smooth.
- Dip eggs into chocolate mixture insuring that they are completely coated.
- Place back on prepared pan.
- Refrigerate until hardened.