*Get more RECIPES from Raining Hot Coupons here*
*Pin it* by clicking the PIN button on the image above!
Did you know you can make your own Almond Joy candies at home?! In my opinion, these actually taste better homemade. 😉 I like making these for gifts or just a late night snack or dessert. Enjoy!
Copycat Almond Joy
- 2/3 cup Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 2 cups Powdered Sugar
- 14 oz Sweetened Flaked Coconut
- 2/3 cup Whole Almonds
- 12 oz Semisweet Chocolate
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- If almonds are not toasted, place in 300 oven for 5-7 minutes. Allow to cool.
- Remove almonds from pan and set aside.
- Combine condensed milk and vanilla in a bowl and mix well.
- Add powdered sugar and stir until blended.
- Add coconut and stir until well mixed.
- Form into 1 1/4″ x 3″ bars and place on prepared sheet.
- Place 2 almonds on each bar and place in freezer for at least 1 hour.
- Melt chocolate by microwaving for 1 minute, stirring and repeating until melted.
- Dip the bars into the chocolate to completely cover using a fork.
- Tap gently on bowl to shake off excess and return to the prepared sheet.
- Refrigerate 30 minutes to set.
PJwhit saysJanuary 30, 2022 at 12:40 am
Step 4 says add vanilla, but you don’t have vanilla in the ingredients
Dawn saysMay 13, 2022 at 10:30 pm
I believe it would be a tsp of vanilla!
WILLIE BOURQUE saysMarch 7, 2022 at 12:24 pm
Can i use lightly salted almonds??