*Get more RECIPES from Raining Hot Coupons here*
*Pin it* by clicking the PIN button on the image above!
Here is a delicious recipe that is super easy to make. This copycat Chipotle Barbacoa is full of flavor and is make in the crock pot which makes your life even easier! I love using this meat on tacos (we usually fry up some white corn tortillas) and add a little sour cream and veggies. Enjoy!
Copycat Chipotle Barbacoa
- 4 lb Chuck Roast trimmed of excess fat)
- 2 tbsp Vegetable Oil
- 3 Bay Leaves
- º cup Apple Cider Vinegar
- 4 tsp Minced Garlic
- 4 tsp Cumin
- 3 tsp Oregano
- 1 tsp Black Pepper
- 1/2 tsp Ground Cloves
- 1 tsp Kosher Salt
- 4 Chipotle Peppers (from canned Chipotles in Adobo Sauce)
- 1 tbsp Adobo Sauce (from canned Chipotles in Adobo Sauce)
- 1 cup Chicken Broth
- 1/4 cup Lime Juice
- To make the sauce combine vinegar, lime juice, chipotles, adobo sauce, garlic, cumin, oregano, black pepper, salt and cloves in a blender or processor on high speed until smooth.
- Insure all excess fat is trimmed off and cut into 6-8 pieces.
- Heat oil in a heavy skillet over medium high heat.
- Sear all sides of the meat to get a nice crust.
- Place meat in slow cooker.
- Cover with with sauce.
- Pour in broth and add bay leaves.
- Cover and cook 5 hours on high (or 8 hours on low).
- Remove the bay leaves.
- While still in the slow cooker, shred the meat with two forks and turn the heat to low and allow to cook for 1 more hour.