*Get more RECIPES from Raining Hot Coupons here*
*Pin it* by clicking the PIN button on the image above!
I remember growing up and eating Cracker Jacks…now they seem to be hard to find. No fear, you can just make your own! This recipe makes the best cracker jack popcorn and in my opinion actually tastes better than the store bought kind and is definitely a lot fresher. Did I mention that the kiddos love it too?! 😉 Enjoy!
Copycat Cracker Jacks
- 10-12 cups of Popped Popcorn (or 3.5 oz bag of Microwave Popcorn)
- 1 cup Brown Sugar
- 1/4 cup Corn Syrup
- 1/2 cup melted Butter
- 1 tbsp Water
- 2 tsp Vanilla
- 1/2 tsp Baking Soda
- 1 cup Salted Peanuts
- Preheat oven to 250.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Pop the popcorn.
- Spray a large bowl with cooking spray add popcorn.
- Combine brown sugar, corn syrup, butter, salt and water in a pan.
- Simmer over medium-high heat stirring frequently until temperature reaches 250 (firm to hard ball stage).
- Remove from heat, stir in the vanilla and baking soda.
- Pour over the popcorn and use spatula to gently fold the caramel into the popcorn until well coated.
- Stir in the peanuts.
- Pour the mixture onto prepared baking sheet and spread out.
- Bake for 1 hour, stirring every 15 minutes.
- Remove from the oven, and allow to cool.
- Carefully break up and store in an airtight container.