*Get more RECIPES from Raining Hot Coupons here*
Who doesn’t love Olive Garden’s breadsticks…right?! I love making these at home with my other copycat Olive Garden recipes. These breadsticks taste just like the real thing but what I love the most is that you can cook them a little less to make them softer. I love soft bread but sometimes Olive Garden overcooks them so I like to control that myself. I promise, you will love these if you try them. Enjoy!
Copycat Olive Garden Breadsticks
- 1 1/2 cup warm Water
- 1 tbsp Sugar
- 1 tbsp Yeast
- 2 tbsp Vegetable Oil
- 1 1/2 tsp Salt
- 4 cup Flour
- 4 tbsp melted Butter
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- 2 tsp Kosher Salt
- Combine oil, water, sugar, salt and yeast in bowl of mixer.
- Leave sitting for 10 minutes to allow yeast to bloom.
- Gradually add flour while mixing on low until the dough forms a ball.
- Spray a bowl with non stick spray and transfer dough to bowl.
- Cover with plastic wrap or a towel and place in a warm place to allow dough to double (about 1 hour).
- Grease baking sheets.
- Turn out dough on a floured surface.
- Roll out dough into a large rectangle.
- Cut in half, and then cut into 1″ thick strips.
- Roll and shape each strip into roughly 1′ x 8″ sticks.
- Place on prepared sheets about 2″ apart.
- Cover and place in a warm spot for 45 minutes or until doubled in size.
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Stir garlic powder into melted butter.
- Brush breadsticks with butter and sprinkle with kosher salt.
- Bake for 12 to 15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Brush finished breadsticks with remaining butter before serving.