*Get more RECIPES from Raining Hot Coupons here*
*Pin it* by clicking the PIN button on the image above!
I love trying new things at Panda Express and I always love when they come with veggies like peppers, onions, etc. I fell in love when I tried the sweetfire chicken…seriously, it’s good! If you like sweet chicken but not super sweet, then you will love this recipe. I love the pineapple in it too. Enjoy this yummy dinner…
Copycat Panda Express Sweetfire Chicken
- 1/2 cup Vegetable Oil
- 1 lb Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts
- 3/4 cup Flour
- 1 cup Corn Starch
- 2 Eggs, beaten
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 Red Bell Pepper
- 1/2 Onion
- 1 1/2 cup Pineapple Chunks
- 1/2 cup Thai Sweet Chili Sauce
- 2 Green Onions
- Heat vegetable oil in a large skillet over medium high heat.
- Cut chicken into roughly 1″ chunks.
- Take each piece of chicken and coat in flour (shaking off excess), dip in egg and then coat in corn starch (pressing to coat).
- Cook chicken in skillet, several pieces at a time until golden and crispy (about 2 minutes per side).
- Drain on paper towels.
- Remove top and seeds and cut red pepper into roughly 1″ pieces.
- Cut onion into roughly 1″ pieces.
- Drain pineapple chunks.
- Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium high heat.
- Cook pepper, onion and pineapple, stirring occasionally, until tender.
- Add in chicken and chili sauce until well combined, about 1-2 minutes.
- If sauce doesn’t appear thick enough, make a slurry of 2 tablespoons of corn starch and 2 tablespoons of water and add to skillet and continue stirring.
- Garnish with sliced green onions.