*Get more RECIPES from Raining Hot Coupons here*
Have you ever had a Swig Sugar cookie? If not, I’m telling you, you’re missing out on one of the best cookies ever made! 😉 My family is addicted to these cookies with the delicious frosting. My hubby loves them and he’s not a huge fan of sweets. We decided to make them from home so we could have them whenever we want, for Birthday parties or just to impress guests! These homemade copycat Swig Cookies are the bomb! Enjoy…
Copycat Swig Cookies
- 1 cup Butter (room temperature)
- ¾ cup Vegetable Oil
- 1¼ cups Sugar
- ¾ cup Powdered Sugar
- 2 TBLSP Water
- 2 Eggs
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp cream of tarter
- 1 tsp salt
- 5½ cups Flour
- 6 TBLSP butter at room temp
- ½ C Sour Cream
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- ½ tsp salt
- 3-5 TBLSP milk
- Red Food Coloring
- Cream together butter, oil, sugars, water and eggs in your mixer. Mix for a few minutes until well combined.
- In a separate bowl, combine dry ingredients and slowly add to butter mixture.
- Mix all ingredients until they are well combined ( you do not want it to be sticky)
- Roll dough into 1.5 inch balls and place on a greased cookie sheet.
- For the signature “cracked edges”, place ¼ cup sugar and a pinch of salt in a separate bowl. Place the bottom of a glass into this mixture and then press it onto your ball of dough.
- Press cookies until they are a bit wider than the glass bottom diameter (about 3 inches in diameter) and cook at 350 for 8 minutes.
- Let cool in the fridge
- For the frosting mix butter, sour cream, powdered sugar, salt, and 1 drop of food coloring. Mix well and add the desired amount of milk you want to get it the thickness you want. I only added a few tablespoons.
- Spread frosting on cookies right before serving.