*Get more RECIPES from Raining Hot Coupons here*
*Pin it* by clicking the PIN button on the image above!
I love eating Caramel apples and they are actually quite fun to make too. You can get really creative with the different flavors, toppings, etc. This next recipe is for a cream caramel apple. The caramel is just a little creamier and lighter than a normal caramel. Enjoy this delicious treat..
Cream Caramel Apples
- 6 Apples
- 3/4 cup Chopped Peanuts (optional)
- 1 cup Heavy Cream
- 1/2 cup Corn Syrup
- 1/2 cup Butter
- 1 cup Sugar
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- Heat water in a pot until hot (but not boiling).
- Add 1 tsp of vinegar.
- Insert a stick into the stem end of each apple.
- Dip apples in water and swirl to melt and remove any wax.
- Wipe with towel to dry and remove any remaining wax.
- Line a cookie sheet with wax paper and set aside.
- In a pan, add 3/4 cup cream, corn syrup, butter and sugar.
- Cook to 245 (firm ball stage).
- Remove from heat and carefully stir in the remaining cream and the vanilla. Be careful as it is very hot and it may splatter.
- Dip and twirl the apples in the caramel to coat. Let any excess drip off.
- You can optionally roll the dipped apple in the chopped nuts.
- Place apples on prepared cookie sheet and refrigerate for 15 minutes to set caramel.