*Get more recipes from Raining Hot Coupons here*
“PIN IT” If you like it (by clicking the button below)…
Follow me on Pinterest:
Mashed potatoes are a staple food in many households, mine included, but sometimes the family just wants something a little bit different. So we experiment with our spuds. Sometimes it’s cheese, other times it’s sour cream or cream cheese. Our favorite though, is garlic. Creamy garlic mashers recipe is probably the most requested side dish in our home. We simmer the garlic in some milk or half n half, along with the butter, that way everything is nice and hot, and the potatoes don’t cool off from adding them.
Try these at your next gathering. They are great in the Crock-Pot. Just fix them as in the recipe, fill up your Crock-Pot and leave them on low to keep them piping hot. Creamy garlic mashers will become a favorite in your home too!
- 5 lbs potatoes, peeled and chopped (peels can be left on if your family prefers)
- 1 1/2 C milk or half n half
- 1/4 C (1/2 stick) butter
- 6 cloves garlic, peeled and chopped
- Place the potatoes in a large pot and cover with water. Add salt (optional).
- Boil until the potatoes are tender when pierced with a fork, about 20 to 30 minutes. Drain.
- While the potatoes are boiling, place the milk, butter, and garlic in a pot and simmer until the garlic is tender.
- Break up the potatoes with a potato masher, then whip with a mixer, adding about half the milk mixture. As the potatoes break up, add more milk until you get a smooth consistency that holds its shape.
- Serve hot.