*Get more RECIPES from Raining Hot Coupons here*
*Pin it* by clicking the PIN button on the image above!
Yummy! I love anything to do with the crock pot and this next recipe is a perfect comfort food made in the crock pot. Soup is always good throughout the year but especially in the winter. I also love how easy this is to make. You basically just throw everything into the slow cooker and you have a delicious and hearty meal. Enjoy.. (You can print it out at the very bottom).
Crock Pot Bean & Bacon Soup
- 32 oz Dried Northern Beans
- 1 lb Bacon
- 2 Onions diced
- 1/2 lb Carrots diced
- 4 stalks Celery diced
- 4 cloves Garlic minced
- 4 cup Water
- 4 cup Chicken Broth
- 1 Bay Leaf
- 1/2 tsp Crushed Red Pepper
- Salt & Pepper (to taste)
- Sort beans and remove any debris or rocks.
- Rinse beans under cold water.
- Fry bacon in skillet till crispy.
- Add all ingredients to slow cooker.
- Cook on high for 2 hours. Then cook on low for about 6 hours (until beans are tender)
- Remove bay leaf.