*Get more RECIPES from Raining Hot Coupons here*
*Pin it* by clicking the PIN button on the image above!
I remember the first time I had chicken tortilla soup, it quickly became one of my favorites. I really like making it at home now since I’ve come up with a delicious way to make it in the crock pot. It’s simple and full of flavor. Enjoy!
Crock Pot Chicken Tortilla Soup
- 1 lb Chicken Breast
- 4 cup Chicken Broth
- 1 can Whole Kernel Corn
- 1 can Black Beans
- 1 tbsp minced Garlic
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 1 Onion
- 1 Jalapeno diced (seeds removed)
- 1 can Rotel not drained
- 1 tbsp chipotle in adobo
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- 1 tsp Cumin
- 1 Bay leaf
- 1/4 cup chopped Cilantro
- 6 Corn tortilla
- 1/4 cup shredded Cheese
- Add all ingredients except cheese, tortillas, cilantro and corn.
- Cook on low for 8 hours.
- Chicken should now shred with a spoon or fork. Shred chicken.
- Drain and add corn.
- Cut 2 tortillas into strips and add to pot.
- Finely chop cilantro leaves and add to soup.
- Cook for another hour.
- Cut remaining tortillas into strips place on baking sheet salt and bake at 350 for 10 minutes.
- Put soup in bowls and garnish with tortilla strips and cheese.