*Get more RECIPES from Raining Hot Coupons here*
I am always trying new crock pot recipes and this coke pulled pork is made in the crock pot. I love sweet and salty recipes and the coke in the recipe makes the pork a little sweet but not too sweet. You can use any cut of roast you want but I like using the pork shoulder roast (it’s also a little less expensive than other cuts and shreds well). These are great to make sandwiches, tacos and more. Enjoy!
Crockpot Coke Pulled Pork
- Whole Pork Shoulder Roast
- 12 oz Coke
- 1 tbsp Onion Powder
- 1 tbsp Garlic Powder
- 1 tbsp Black Pepper
- 1 tbsp Kosher Salt
- 1 bottle BBQ Sauce
- Remove any thick slabs of pure fat from outside of roast.
- Whisk spices together and rub over surface of roast.
- Place roast in slow cooker.
- Pour Coke over roast.
- Cover and set on high for 5 hours or low for 10 hours.
- Remove from slow cooker (Meat should basically be falling apart).
- Remove bones and discard.
- Discard all but 1/2 cup of juices from slow cooker.
- Shred meat using 2 forks.
- Return shredded meat to slow cooker
- Add reserved juices and BBQ sauce to slow cooker and mix well.
- Set slow cooker to low and cover for 30 minutes before serving.