*Get more RECIPES from Raining Hot Coupons here*
*Pin it* by clicking the PIN button on the image above!
If you’re a fan of soda then you will love this next recipe. I’ve always loved Orange Crush soda (it’s actually one of my favorites since I’m not a huge fan of soda). These cupcakes taste just like Crush and are full of flavor. These are perfect for Birthday parties or just fun to make with the kiddos. Enjoy!
Crush Soda Cupcakes
- 1 stick unsalted butter, softened
- 2 C all-purpose flour
- 1 T baking powder
- 1/2 t fine salt
- 1 1/2 C granulated sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 C whole milk
- 1/2 Cup Crush Soda
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and prepare your cupcake pan with cupcake tins that you desire. Set aside.
- Whisk together the flour, baking powder, and salt in a medium bowl, set aside. Beat together butter and granulated sugar with a mixer on medium speed until combined. Add eggs and beat well, scrap the bowl when nessesary. Reduce speed to low and gradually add flour mixture, beat until combined. Add milk and the Crush soda and beat blended.
- Use a ice cream scooper or a big spoon and portion batter evenly into the cupcake tins.
- Bake in the oven for 18 minutes or until a tooth pick comes out clean.
- When baked, set aside and let them cool while you prepare the icing.
Orange Crush butter cream frosting:
- 3 C confectioners’ sugar
- 1 C butter
- 1 T of Crush soda
- 1 T whipping cream
- Orange food coloring.
Directions for Icing:
- In a mixer, using the whisk attachment, mix together sugar and butter. Mix on low speed until blended and then increase speed to medium beat for 3 more minutes.
- Add the Crush Soda and cream and continue to beat on medium speed for a few more minutes. Add in more powder sugar if necessary. Split icing in two. Add a few drops of orange to one bowl of the icing.
- Take a piping bag and a star tip. Fill one side of the piping bag with the orange colored icing and the white and pipe onto the cupcakes.