*Get more recipes from Raining Hot Coupons here*
There are a million banana bread recipes out there, but this is the very best one that I have ever tried, and I’ve tried many. It’s not healthy, but it IS delicious. I suppose you could substitute applesauce in a one-to-one ratio for the oil if you really wanted to lessen its impact on your muffin top. 😉 The only reason I used whole wheat flour (as pictured) is because I had about a cup and a half left in the bag and wanted to get it out of my pantry.
So ignore the calendar (swim suit season is coming) and the scale (ouch!) and go for the full-fat, carby glory of this uber-tasty banana bread. I added a sprinkle of unsweetened coconut to the top of the loaves which gets nice and toasty and crunchy in the oven.
Do I even need to remind you not to forget the chocolate chips?!
Chocolate Chip Banana Bread
(What’s in the bowl? The mashed bananas)
1 c vegetable oil
2 c sugar
2 t vanilla
3 c flour (can substitute half whole wheat flour, but what’s the point?)
1 t baking soda
1/2 t baking powder
1 t salt
2 t cinnamon
2 c mashed, very ripe bananas (about 3 large or 4 small)
1 full bag milk chocolate chips
optional: shredded coconut
- Oven to 325.
- Grease two 9 inch loaf pans.
- Beat oil, sugar, eggs, and vanilla.
- In another bowl, combine flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon.
- Add to the oil mixture, stir just to combine.
- Fold in banana and chocolate chips gently, and pour into prepared pans.
- If desired, add a sprinkle of coconut to the top.
- Bake 1 hour. Worry about your hips later. 😛