*Get more FRUGAL Articles, tips and tricks from Raining Hot Coupons here*
When a recipe calls for buttermilk, it’s not always an ingredient we have on hand. So, the next best option is to run to the store and pick some up right? Well, there is another solution that will not only save you money, it will also help you only make what you need. Because there is nothing worse than only using a cup of buttermilk, realizing the extra might go to waste. So, the best option is to make your own! Check out the easy DIY instructions for making your own buttermilk:
- 1 Cup of Milk (Leave a little space in the measuring cup)
- 1 Tablespoon of Vinegar or Lemon Juice
- Pour your tablespoon of lemon juice or vinegar into a glass measuring cup.
- Next, add enough milk so the mixture reaches the 1 cup line.
- Let the mix sit for at least 5 minutes.
- Once the mix has rested, it is ready to be used. Use in any recipe that calls for buttermilk.