*Get more FRUGAL Articles, tips and tricks from Raining Hot Coupons here*
*Pin it* by clicking the PIN button on the image above!
REPIN it here!
DIY Carpet Cleaner
Carpeting is a wonderful, cozy flooring to have around the house, but sometimes it can be hard to clean! We have daily footsteps going over it everyday, dirt brought in from outside and sometimes even an unsightly food stain. No wonder carpets get dirty so quickly. Luckily, there is a solution to spot cleaning your carpets and it doesn’t take more than a few ingredients found around the home! Check out the recipe below for DIY carpet cleaner:
- Baking Soda
- 1 Tablespoon Of Clear Dishwashing Liquid
- 1 Tablespoon Of Vinegar
- 2 Cups Of Warm Water
- Try and pick up any dirt surrounding the stain or any leftover liquid.
- Sprinkle baking soda directly on the stain and the surrounding area. Let this sit for at least 10 minutes and then vacuum up the remaining powder.
- In a container, mix up vinegar and dishwashing liquid together with the warm water.
- Using your cloth, sponge liquid on to the stain and let it absorb into the stain. The blot the area until you have soaked up all the liquid.
- Rinse area with cold water and use a dry cloth to soak up any leftover liquid.