*Get more FRUGAL Articles, tips and tricks from Raining Hot Coupons here*
There are a few items you buy from the grocery store that quickly become staples in the home. Items like ketchup, mustard and mayonnaise are popular items that are almost always found in the fridge. The downside is we tend to use these products on a regular basis and they can run out quick. Not to mention having to buy these staples on a regular basis at the grocery store, so what is the solution? Well, if you are looking to save some money, why not try making your own mayonnaise? It’s simple, doesn’t take much time and will save you money by making it at home! Check out the recipe below for how to make DIY mayonnaise:
**All ingredients should be room temperature for best results.
- 1 Large Egg
- 3 Teaspoon Of Lemon Juice
- 1 1/3 Cups Of Oil (Olive, Vegetable or Canola)
- 1 Tablespoon Of Mustard (Dijon works best)
- Start by adding the egg and mustard to your food processor. Mix these two until completely combined.
- Reduce processor speed to slow and slowly start to add oil until mixture is completely combined and smooth.
- Continue to add lemon juice and mix until mixture is completely smooth. Add seasoning to your preference (Salt,pepper,paprika etc.)
- Store your homemade mayonnaise in an air tight jar and use as needed!