*Get more RECIPES from Raining Hot Coupons here*
*Pin it* by clicking the PIN button on the image above!
Yummy! I love making scented play dough because it sure smells a lot better than the normal salty kind. Just be careful because the little ones like to try to eat it (although I did this with the normal kind when I was little). 😉 Below you will find directions to make 2 different scents. Enjoy!
DIY Play Dough
- 1 cup Flour
- 2 tsp Cream of Tartar
- 1/2 cup Salt
- 1 cup Water
- 1 1/2 tbsp Vegetable Oil
- Food Coloring (optional)
- In a Medium Sized Pan whisk together your Flour, Salt and Cream of Tartar
- Add Water and Oil.
- Add Food Coloring if desired.
- Wisk until you have a smooth consistency with no lumps.
- Place your pan over low heat and stir constantly until your mixture thickens. This will take 3-5 minutes and you will need a strong arm. When you have a big ball/lump, your dough is finished.
- Knead your dough for a minute or two.
- Store in a Sealed container.
Gingerbread Scented Play Dough
- Just add these ingredients into the above dry ingredients
- 1 1/2 tsp Ginger
- 2 tsp Cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp Cloves
- 1/2 tsp Nutmeg
- Add 1/2 tsp Vanilla and blue, yellow and red food coloring into the wet ingredients until you have a brown color before placing on heat.
Peppermint Scented Play Dough
Just add 1/2 tsp peppermint extract and red food coloring into the above wet ingredients before placing on heat.