*Get more FRUGAL Articles, tips and tricks from Raining Hot Coupons here*
*Pin it* by clicking the PIN button on the image above!
REPIN it here!
DIY Sidewalk Salt
As we head into the colder months, we are starting to see a little snow in different areas and freezing temperatures. Now, is the time to get organized for the winter and make sure you have all the supplies on hand to have a smooth few months. One really important item we use in the winter is sidewalk salt, but when the cold hits we don’t always have it on hand! Well, there is a quick solution to that, you can make your own! Check out the instructions below to make your own DIY sidewalk salt:
- 1 Teaspoon of Dawn Dish Soap
- 1 Tablespoon of Rubbing Alcohol
- 8 Cups of Hot Water
- Mix dawn and rubbing alcohol in a large bucket. Stir till combined.
- Then add water and continue to stir.
- The mixture is ready to be used as sidewalk salt. Simply, pour the mixture over anywhere that ice has appeared. Unlike other products, this mix will not refreeze and it will not eat away at the concrete like salt can do.