*Get more RECIPES from Raining Hot Coupons here*
*Pin it* by clicking the PIN button on the image above!
Easter is coming up and this recipe is great to have on hand! These bunny cupcakes are perfect for Easter or a Spring party! They are also really fun to make for any animal lover. My kiddos love helping make these and eat them. Enjoy!
Easter Bunny Cupcakes
(yield 24 cupcakes)
- 1 box White Cake Mix
- 1/2 cup Vegetable Oil
- 3 Eggs
- 1/2 cup softened Butter
- 2 tbsp Milk
- 4 cup Powdered Sugar
- 6 Giant Marshmallows
- Pink Sparkling Sugar
- 10-12 pieces of Edible Easter Grass or Rips Whips Candy Strings
- 24 Pink Chocolate Chips or Mini M&M’s
- 48 Mini Chocolate Chips
- 1 cup Shredded Coconut
- Bake cupcakes according to box directions.
- Allow to cool.
- Using kitchen shears, make cuts around the perimeter of the giant marshmallows.
- Sprinkle the cut area with pink sugar to make inside of ears. Repeat until you have 48 ears.
- Make diagonal cuts around the ends of the marshmallows to make 24 muzzles for the bunnies.
- Cut Easter grass into 3/4″ pieces and stick into muzzle to make whiskers.
- Cream butter in a large bowl
- Slowly add in the powdered sugar, and milk as needed, until everything is incorporated and frosting is right consistency.
- Beat for 5 minutes to make sure it is fluffy.
- Ice cupcakes then sprinkle with coconut.
- Using icing, “glue” ears and muzzle on cupcake.
- Sprinkle exposed icing with coconut.
- Press pink “nose” into coconut and icing just above muzzle.
- Press mini chocolate chips into coconut and icing just above nose.