*Get more recipes from Raining Hot Coupons here*
“PIN IT” If you like it
REPIN it below:
Follow me on Pinterest:
Here’s my recipe. You can even make these up and toss them in your Crock-Pot on low all day.
- 4 T butter
- 6 T all-purpose flour
- 1 t salt
- 1/2 t pepper
- 3 C milk
- 1 C shredded cheddar
- 1 large onion, peeled, halved and sliced thin
- 4 lbs potatoes, peeled and sliced thin
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Melt the butter in a medium sized saucepan over medium heat. When it bubbles, add flour, salt, and pepper, stirring constantly until smooth.
- Add the milk, slowly, until it is completely incorporated. Bring to a boil, allowing the mixture to thicken.
- Add the cheese and stir until melted.
- Lightly grease a 3 qt baking dish; add half the potatoes and onions. Cover with half the sauce. Add the remainder of the potatoes and onions, then top with the rest of the sauce.
- Cover and bake until potatoes are tender, about 1 hour. Uncover and brown, another 10-15 minutes.
- Serves 6-8.