*Get more RECIPES from Raining Hot Coupons here*
*Pin it* by clicking the PIN button on the image above!
I will be posting 10 Days of Freezer Meal Recipes and today is Day 5! See more Freezer Recipes HERE and be sure to read my Easy Tips to Freezer Meal Cooking/Planning post here to get started.
If you have to hit the road in a hurry every morning to make it to work on time or even just to get the kids out the door you know how tough it can be to provide your family with a warm filling breakfast. These Easy Sausage Burritos are not only perfect for making ahead and freezing for quick freezer breakfasts, but they are healthier than the versions you grab at the drive thru on your way to work. I like to make a large batch like this for those mornings we are all in a hurry to get out the door but still want that home cooked meal.
Easy Sausage Breakfast Burritos
- 12 Medium Flour Tortillas
- 1 Dozen Eggs or 20oz. Egg Whites
- 1 Pound Turkey Sausage
- 1 ½ Cups Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- 1 Small Bell Pepper Chopped
- 1 Small Yellow Onion Chopped
- 1 Tablespoon Cumin
- 1 Teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1 Teaspoon Onion Powder
- ½ Teaspoon Black Pepper
- ½ Teaspoon Salt
- 1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
- In large skillet heat olive oil, onions and bell peppers cooking until they begin to get tender (4-5 minutes).
- Mix in sausage cooking for an additional 6-7 minutes or until cooked through and no longer pink.
- If using whole eggs, in a large bowl beat lightly with a fork until all yolks are broken mixing in cumin, garlic powder, onion powder, pepper and salt.
- Pour eggs over sausage and veggie mixture and cook for 5-7 minutes or until eggs are cooked through.
- Mix in ½ of cheese and stir together until cheese is mixed well and melting.
- Remove from heat.
- Place tortillas on cutting board or clean surface and spoon 2 tablespoons mixture on each tortilla.
- Top with a sprinkle of remaining cheese
- Roll tortilla in burrito fashion
- Wrap each burrito in plastic wrap then aluminum foil and place in large plastic freezer bags or airtight container.
These great Easy Sausage Burritos can be lightened in calories by using egg whites versus regular eggs and 2% cheese over traditional cheeses. Not only are they healthier than fast food choices, but they are chock full of flavor and much less expensive. If wrapped and stored properly these are great for up to 3 months in the freezer. Make large batches for easy on the go breakfasts for your entire family. To heat, remove aluminum foil leaving wrapped in plastic wrap. Place on microwave safe plate and heat for 1 minute on medium. Remove plastic wrap and heat 1 minute on high. Serve with salsa.