Alright guys… you know that one and only recipe that is your “go to” recipe… the on that you just can’t ever get sick of, the one that everyone loves, that one you make when you have to “bring a dish”? Well, this is THAT ONE for us! I have made the for family and friends and they are always begging me for the recipe. When I explain what I did (yes, it’s only 6 ingredients and most are canned), they don’t believe me.
I have to admit, the first time I ever tried this, I was hesitant. I thought it was going to be funky and not taste anything like it actually does. I kept seeing people go crazy over it all over the internet (in fact, I have to thank My Litter as that is where I first saw it!). I promise you, this will quickly become your favorite recipe. I am so excited about it because it’s not only DELICIOUS, but it’s super, super easy, quick and inexpensive. I honestly feel like I’ve hit the jack pot with this meal.
If you have picky eaters or don’t like beans (I personally dislike black beans and never order them) then TRY THIS RECIPE and do NOT leave anything out. I eat the black beans and could not imagine it without them!
Okay, have I rambled enough? Can you tell how much I LOVE this recipe? I may even love it more than my famous and oh so popular Enchiladas with White Cream Sauce (Recipe here). Here’s the fiesta chicken recipe:
Fiesta Chicken (in the crock pot)
- 4 chicken breast (frozen or raw – we use frozen to make it easier and cheaper)
- 1 packet Fiesta Ranch dip (find this by the salad dressing)
- 1 can corn not drained (use the liquid and all – it adds to the flavoring)
- 1 can black beans (I drain mine)
- 1 can diced tomatoes (if you want it a little spicier, you can use Rotel)
- 1 block cream cheese
- Add all ingredients – no need to stir them, just add!
- Cook on high in the slow cooker for 4 hours (or you can do low for 6 hours)
- Shred chicken with forks and put back in the sauce – stir together (it’s a little soupy but we like it this way if you want it thicker, just leave the lid off for about 20 minutes and it will thicken up).
- We eat this with tortillas (I like to cook corn tortillas in oil and make them a little crispy – these are the best!!) or you can serve over rice or with regular tortillas.
Thanks, My Litter