*Get more RECIPES from Raining Hot Coupons here*
Looking for a fun 4th of July recipe?!
It’s always so much fun coming up with unique and delicious holiday cupcakes. These Firecracker cupcakes are perfect for the 4th of July, Memorial day, etc. These would also be super cute for a bake sale and I’m sure you’d sell a ton! They are really easy to make and the kiddos love eating and making them.
You may be shocked at how I get the frosting to come out the way it is in the pictures. There’s is a secret little tip that makes them just gorgeous! Enjoy…
Firecracker Vanilla Cupcakes
- 2 cup Flour
- 2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/2 cup softened Butter
- 3/4 cup Sugar
- 2 Eggs
- 1 cup Milk
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 1 cup softened Butter
- 3 cup Powdered Sugar
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 1-2 tbsp Milk
- Red and Blue Gel Coloring
- Twizzlers Peel and Pull Candies
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Line muffin pan with liners.
- Whisk together flour, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
- Cream together butter and sugar until fluffy.
- Beat in eggs and vanilla
- Add in flour mixture and milk gradually alternating between them.
- Fill each liner 2/3 full and bake for 18 minutes of until toothpick inserted in middle comes out clean.
- Allow to cool.
- Whip butter, vanilla and gradually add powdered sugar.
- Add milk until you reach desired consistency.
- Prepare a piping bag and fold the bag down over a cup.
- Using a toothpick draw several red and blue lines up the sides of the bag (this is the secret tip to making the cool looking frosting)
- Transfer frosting to piping bag and frost each cupcake.
- Cut twizzlers into approximately 2″ pieces and insert in middle peeling a little at the top for effect.