*Get more RECIPES from Raining Hot Coupons here*
*Pin it* by clicking the PIN button on the image above!
REPIN it here!
Fresh Blueberry Rhubarb Muffins
I’ve made a lot of muffins in my day, but this was the first batch that I’ve had people say it’s like biting into heaven. Light and fluffy, Fresh Blueberry Rhubarb Muffins have a tender flavor that plays the sour of the rhubarb against the sweet of the blueberry. The result is a well-balanced muffin that is great for any meal, snack, or dessert. Fresh Blueberry Rhubarb Muffins will be a hit for adults and kids alike.
Preparing Fruit for Fresh Blueberry Rhubarb Muffins
If you’ve never worked with rhubarb, it can look a little odd. You can usually find it in the produce section of your favorite grocery store or local farmers markets. If it’s out of season, you can also find it in the freezer section, already prepared and ready to go in your recipes. If you’ve got the fresh variety, preparation is simple. Cut off and he leaves and discard them safely as the leaves are toxic to your pets. Peel the outside skin from the rhubarb stalk using a vegetable peeler. It could be slightly stringy and that’s normal. Cut the stalk into quarters lengthwise and then dice for small pieces in you your Fresh Blueberry Rhubarb Muffins. Rhubarb is a fantastic addition to many fresh dishes such as pie, muffins, and cookies. Try using rhubarb in more than just Fresh Blueberry Rhubarb Muffins.
Freezing Fresh Blueberry Rhubarb Muffins for Later
Fresh Blueberry Rhubarb Muffins are a fantastic treat to keep in the freezer. You can make a double batch and simply freeze them in freezer containers or plastic zippy bags. Bring them out whenever you’d like a nice fresh blueberry muffin. You can even microwave them on medium for about 30 seconds for a warm, fresh out of the oven flavor..
- 2 eggs
- 1 C vegetable oil (I use a light olive oil)
- 1 ½ C milk
- ⅔ C sugar
- 4 C flour
- 2 T baking powder
- 2 t salt
- 2 C blueberries, cleaned and stems removed
- 1 C rhubarb, peeled and finely diced
- Heat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Line a muffin tin with paper liners. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix the eggs, oil, and milk until completely blended.
- Add the sugar, and mix well.
- Place the flour, baking powder, and salt in the bowl and mix until smooth.
- Fold in the blueberries and rhubarb gently.
- Fill muffin liners ⅔ full.
- Bake 18-20 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
Make up a batch of two of Fresh Blueberry Rhubarb Muffins for a great homemade snack now and later!